NHL 06 - Nintendo Gamecube
NHL 06 includes everything from NHL 05, including the revamped shooting controls. New to the 2006 version is the use of the left analog stick for deking, which in hockey terms means to dodge and fake out defenders. The right analog stick is used to pull off fancy moves like a spin or between the legs pass. These fancy moves will distract goalkeepers, giving the gamer an opening to shoot. The drawback to these moves is that only superstar characters can pull them off regularly. The game includes many of the traditional hockey game modes, including dynasty mode. In dynasty mode, gamers will control their own hockey team and have to deal with outside pressures, sponsors, and more while trying to meet the team philosophy, which is different for each team. Other modes include single season, leagues and tournaments, and quick game. The graphics of NHL 06 are top notch. This time, they've been tweaked to accurately show character size differences. The defense players and goalkeepers, who are traditionally larger players, actually look larger, while the smaller and faster scorers are indeed a little thinner and smaller. T
From the Manufacturer
Take complete control of every scoring opportunity and become an offensive superstar with NHL 06. With the new EA Sports Skill Stick, express your shooting style and light the lamp with highlight reel moves of an All-Star. Using classic deke controls to skate past, around, or through defenders, and then rip the back of the net with pin-point accuracy. Get offensive and score like never before with NHL 06!
- All-New EA Sports Skill Stick: Create highlight reel goals by executing the signature moves of an NHL All-Star. With a tap of the right analog stick, drop the puck between your skates, fake out goaltenders with a between-the-legs shot, or puck the puck in the back of the net with a bat-in.
- EA Sports R.P.M. Physics: new Realistic Puck Momentum (R.P.M.) means the puck is dangerous--hard shots can injure defensemen, shake up goalies in the crease, ripple the twine, or knock water bottles off the net to add insult to injury.
- Classic Deking Control: Movement on the ice is more intuitive than ever as you skate and deke using the left analog stick to move past opponents and make goalies look foolish. Own the ice like in the glory days of the EA Sports classic NHL 94!
- All-New Momentum Skating: Feel what it’s like to be on the ice. A player’s speed and size now affects his momentum and turning radius. Generate momentum to initiate speed bursts then fly past opponents, leaving real-time ice trails in your wake.
- Creation Zone: Create a player who looks like you and get into the game with the new analog facial sculpting controls. Add black eyes, broken noses, and scars to put fear in the eyes of your opponents. Create an NHL team in your hometown and build a dynasty, or edit any player in the league with an all-new player editor.